Central Coal Supply Organization (CCSO), a vital unit under the Operations Directorate of Steel Authority of India Limited is located in the coal belt of Dhanbad. CCSO is entrusted with the responsibility of supplying coal, which is one of the major raw materials in steel making, to the five integrated steel plants of SAIL located at Bhilai, Durgapur, Rourkela, Bokaro and Burnpur. It has an experienced and dedicated workforce of 181 employees which operates from its headquarters at Dhanbad with branch offices at Kolkata, Asansol, Adra, Bilaspur and with an expanded network throughout various coking coal washeries and collieries of the country. The average daily dispatch of indigenous coking coal to SAIL steel plants is around 12-13 thousand tones. Besides this, supply of 16-17 thousand tons per day of Power House Coal, consumed in the Captive Power Plants of SAIL Steel Plants is also managed by CCSO. Indigenous Coal Movement Plan during 2018-19
|Prime Coking Coal||645||330||264||90||449||67||117||1962|
|Medium Coking Coal||484||110||132||-||286||-||-||1012|
|Total Coking Coal||1129||440||396||-||735||67||117||2884|
FUNCTIONS OF CCSO
- Long & short term linkage planning for steel plants under SAIL Proper assessment of quality of coal loaded at loading points.
- Witnessing of weighment at loading point.
- Liasioning with the coal companies to supply coal as per the desired quality and quantity to SAIL plants.
- Liasioning with Railways to supply rake as per the availability and requirement of SAIL plants.
- Payment of coal bills and settlement of disputes.
- Liasioning with third party for joint sampling and escorting of rakes at loading point.
- Maintaining all records and statistics related to production and dispatch of coal.
- To explore new raw coking coal for Chasnalla /Tata Steel Washery from CIL sources.
- Detailed characterization of the coking coal in consultation with RDCIS.