The Powers and Duties of its officers and employees
- Ensuring Production of specified output of the departments (e.g. Coke(Dry) from CO & CCD, Hot Metal from Blast Furnaces, Slabs & Blooms from CCS, Finished products from Rolling Mills) as per Annual Production Plan, ensuring conformity to quality and techno-economic parameters, and in quantities decided to get the best operational and commercial advantage.
Techno-economics and Quality
- Development and review of techno-economic norms and energy management parameters and formulation of action plans for achievement of these norms & parameters.
- Ensuring continuous improvement in techno-economic performance in the Plant and reviewing implementation.
- Reviewing quality aspects of production in the Plant and suggesting measures for improvement including standardizing operating and technological practices.
Raw Materials Services
- Liaison with Corporate Office for procurement of coking coal from indigenous sources in consultation with Central Coal Supply Organisation and Coal India Ltd working out the import plan.
- Monitoring the supply of indigenous coking coal and imported coal to meet the requirements of the Plant.
- Formulation of Annual Inward and Outward traffic movement plan for raw materials and finished products.
- Liaison with Railways on Operational matters.
The safety function of Bhilai Steel Plant is based on its policy of commitment to ensure the safety of its employees and the people associated with it including those living in the neighbourhood of the Plant and pursue the safety efforts in sustained and consistent way by establishing safety goals, safety accountability and providing resources to make the safety programmes work.
Based on this policy, the Safety Engineering Department formulates safety measures for BSP, advices to concerned departments of BSP on how best these measures can be implemented, audits the implementation and results achieved and advices the Management on improvement measures.
There are 42 registered factories in Bhilai Steel Plant and all factories as well as other Services Departments have departmental safety officers carrying out the functions under Factory Act to promote safety, reduce accidents and implement safety management systems.