5. The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by SAIL or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions.
1. Personnel Manual (contains rules, regulations, procedures, benefits etc. for information/use by Management /employees)
2. Personnel Guide (ready handbook for guidance of line managers at the shop floor on establishment matters)
3. Purchase & Contract Procedure – 2000 (lays down the guidelines and procedures to be followed for purchase of materials and award of contracts, in consonance with the CVC guidelines on the subject)
4. Accounts Manual (describes the accounting rules and procedures followed in SAIL/DSP).
5. Vigilance Manual (covers guidelines on Vigilance matters).
6. Circulars issued by Rules section (covers rules, policies, procedures and Operating systems in Personnel and Establishment area, as well as all employee motivation schemes, general administration matters etc.)
7. Quality Manual of DSP and Standard Operating Practices (SOP) framed under it.
SAIL PERSONNEL MANUAL
Human Resource Policy
1. Recruitment Policy
2. Executive Performance Appraisal System
3. Promotion Policy & Rules for Executives
4. Promotion Policy & Rules for Medical Executives
5. Policy for Promotion from Non-Executive to Executive Cadre
6. System of Probation & Confirmation of Executives
7. Policy on Tenure Posting within SAIL
8. Deputation/Retention of Lien
9. Standard Terms of Deputation
10. Transfer Benefits on Movement from /to other PSUs
11. Policy Guidelines for Foreign Tours & Assignments
12. Premature Retirement Scheme for Executives