Central Coal Supply Organization (CCSO) is situated in Dhanbad District of Jharkhand and has branch offices at Kolkata, Asansol, Adra and Bilaspur.
CCSO with its skilled man-power looks after the daily movement of Indigenous washed coking coal and boiler coal to SAIL steel plants; BSP, RSP, DSP, BSL and ISP by continuous follow up and liaison with the CIL subsidiaries such as Bharat Coking Coal Limited (BCCL), Dhanbad, Central Coalfields Limited(CCL), Ranchi, Western Coalfields Limited (WCL), Nagpur, Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL), Sanctoria (W.B), South Eastern Coalfields Limited (SECL), Bilaspur, Mahanadi Coalfields Limited (MCL), Sambalpur (Orissa) and different Railway Zones.
The major functions of CCSO are as follows-
- Actual assessment of quality of coking coal at loading points by proper sampling and analysis.
- Monitor the loading and weighment of coal rakes to minimize the transit loss.
- Linkage of raw coal from BCCL and CCL to TATA and Chasnalla washeries for enhancing washed coal.
- Finalization of long term and short term MoU with the coal companies.
- Centralized payment and settlement with the coal companies.
- Study of different coking coal with Central Mines and Fuel Research Institute (CMIFR), Digwadih and RDCIS, Ranchi for its usage.