The powers and duties of CET’s officers and employees
CET being an in-house design, engineering and technical services providing unit of SAIL, its executives draw powers from hierarchy of SAIL.
2.1.1 Powers delegated by Board to Executive Director, CET
In terms of powers delegated to it under the Articles of Association of the company, the Board of Directors has delegated certain powers to the Chairman of the company for the management of the company. The Chairman has further sub-delegated some of his powers to the CEOs, Functional Directors, Executive Directors and senior executives of the company. The same are revised/modified from time to time depending upon exigencies of the work. Being confidential in nature, the delegation of powers to the Chairman /Directors /Executive Directors and also the financial powers of the executives are not being disclosed.
2.1.2 Power delegated by Executive Director to employees of CET
For smooth and effective working of CET, ED has sub-delegated his powers to various levels of employees of CET. These powers are subject to change from time to time as per the decision of ED, CET, This document is confidential in nature.
2.2.1 Duties of Engineers and other technical staffs in Technology, Engineering, Projects Divisions and Sub-centres / Unit Offices
- Carrying out detailed technical studies of various scheme / projects referred by the Plants / Units or Corporate Office or SAILCON.
- Preparation of feasibility reports, detailed project reports covering the technical, technological and techno- economic aspects to enable the plants and units to prepare investment proposals.
- Assisting the plants and units at the time of scrutiny of the proposals by appraising/approving authorities.
- Assisting the plants and units to defend the proposals at the time of scrutiny by appraising/approving authorities..
- Providing detailed engineering support, making technical and ordering specifications, assisting the plants in evaluation and finalization of tenders, approval of vendor drawings, providing designers' supervision, etc., for implementing the sanctioned schemes and proposals.
- Identification of technology improvement measures in consultation with R&D Centre in the various processes and plan for adoption of the same in the various plants by acquiring design and know-how capability.
2.2.2 Duties of Inter Plant Steel Standard (IPSS)
- Developing interplant company standards and coordination with national and interplant standardization organizations.
2.2.3 Duties of Officers and employees in Finance Section:
- Preparation of employee's remunerations & benefits and payments thereof.
- Statutory recoveries from employees salary like income tax, PF, SCSBF, EPF etc and their remittances to the respective funds.
- Assessment of Income Tax of employees. Provisional estimate for recoveries & final calculations for issuing certificates.
- Passing of contractors / parties bills and payments thereof including recoveries of income tax from their bills.
- Passing of employees bills and advances and payment thereof.
- Accounting of all transactions, maintenance and scrutiny thereof.
- Closing of accounts and audit thereof.
- Dealing with Govt. and Internal Audits
- Preparation of budgets — Revenue and Capital after considering the requirement of various departments / Sub-centres/ Unit Offices.
- Preparation of employees HBA, Conveyance Advance budget in consultation with P&A.
- Periodic monitoring and control of all types of budgets
- Issue of T DS certificates to employees and contractors.
- Filing of ET DS return.
2.2.4 Duties of Officers and Employees in Personnel & Administration Section:
- Manpower Planning, Transfer & Placement
- Performance Appraisal and Promotion
- Pay Fixation
- Processing of advances for HBA, Conveyance, and Medical Treatment etc.
- Implementing various welfare schemes for employees
- Implementing various employees motivation scheme of SAIL
- Maintaining records of leave, LTC/LLTC etc.
- Providing retirement benefits and other personnel services to employees as per the rules of the company given in Personnel Manual.
- Implementing statutory rules of Central / State Govt.
- Maintaining harmonious Industrial Relations.
- Maintenance of records of assets
- Receipt and Dispatch of documents
- Coordination of Grievance Committee for redressal of complaints and grievances of employees
- Telephone and Communications facilities
- Hospitality and Transport
- Repair & Maintenance of office equipment, furniture’s and fixtures
- Receipt and Issue of Stationery
- Coordination of PR activities